email me for an invoice: janet@novascotiaquilts.com

Solution Graphics

Monday, September 13, 2010

Vintage Books for Children - MY TRAVELSHIP

A while ago, I was discussing my take on how to help a small child develop an awareness of world culture. I mentioned the My Travelship series of Little Pictures of Japan, Tales Told in Holland and Nursery Friends from France, which was originally published in 1925 by Olive Beaupre Millar, with  printings taking place in the late 40's and early 50's  following the second World War. These little treasures told fairy tales, history, haiku poetry and were accompanied by charming illustrations based on paintings from the country and period depicted. I had been keeping my eye on the secondary market, but was not seeing any of these treasures showing up until just last week, some did, and I hastened to snap them up. I am now able to offer a full set of three or as single items, and will be listing them later this afternoon, along with some other wonderful vintage items, such as tablecloths, aprons and small collectibles.


No comments:

Post a Comment