email me for an invoice: janet@novascotiaquilts.com

Solution Graphics

Friday, July 16, 2010

Holly Hobbie Quilt Kit Back in Stock



Some time ago, I finished a Holly Hobbie quilt kit I had in stock and sold it very quickly. Finally I have it back in stock and have decided rather than making it up to offer it as a sealed vintage 1972 kit from Paragon # 0272  by American Greeting Card Corp. The kit comes with batting and embroidery thread to finish and the backing fabric as well - everything you need to make this darling vintage kit for a child's crib or as a wallhanging. Since it is unopened we know it is complete and in pristine condition. Size completed : 34x55inches.
I have a lot of quilt commissions to complete this year so I am offering it as the kit, but if you are willing to wait, I can make this up for you. You will find it listed on the page with Children's Items. It is item # 00197 and is offered at $150 USD plus $15 USD postage for a total price of $165. Completed, it will be $350 USD plus $15 USD or a total of $365 and comes complete with a hanging sleeve in case you prefer to use it as a wallhanging. I have a large quiantity of 1970's calico fabrics and can make this quilt larger if you would like. Let me know and we can talk about it.

2 comments:

  1. Is this a panel in the center? then you add the embroidery where?
    I use to love Hollie Hobbie. I have some fabric that was reproduced a couple of years ago. Would be sweet to get the real thing. Can you take more pics? can you see inside the bag? Just wanted a little more info. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra: The kit is a printed panel. Colours are sweet and the backing fabric is darling too. The one I finished is shown on my http://www.novascotiaquilts.com website - shouldn't be too hard to find, using the search feature. What seemed to set mine apart from most panels that are finished simply by quilting a diamond grid is that I took the more labour intensive route of doing a great deal of outline quilting and just diamond gridded the background.
    I'd hate to open the package as that drops its value.
    Heat has abated here and it is quite pleasant now.

    ReplyDelete